<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pearls and Lace Book for Pearls and Lace #146

One of my very favorite pastimes is to hand stitch.  
Sometimes I like to cross stitch, crochet, tat, or whatever, but I thoroughly enjoy stitching
pretties onto a background, and seeing what turns out.
I stitched this whole book by hand, except for the original pages, and the flowers on the front, which I will show you in a future tutorial or walk through as to how I made it.

As you all know by now, I love laces.  Not the nylons but the REAL, old vintage laces, and I have been hoarding collecting them for years.  It took me a while, but when inspiration hit, well let's just say the rest is history!  Here's what I made.




































Do y'all want to have a Pearls and Lace party???  Add your url code to the link below and let's see what all y'all have to share!!  Anything pretty is what we want to see!!!
Spring is almost here and I want to go dig in the dirt.
I want our flowers to start blooming and things to be sweet smelling...
and I want it to STAY that way!!  Summer will be breathing down our necks before we blink here in Texas.
Hope it's nice where you are!
Blessings,
Doni





16 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi dear Doni, it's always a delight see your wonderful blog! Such fabulous work you did with amazing laces! The book is really precious!Thanks for hosting the party!
Have a fabulous day and week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

You always have the dreamiest bits to share with us! Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

Trisha said...

You always have the dreamiest bits to share with us! Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, you sure do LOVE to make pretty keepsakes with lace!!! It's a lovely book!
warmly,
deb

Sandy In Montana said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Doni.

Take Care
Hugs, Sandy

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Dear Doni, I don't even think I have any words to say how beautiful your journal turned out. Tiffany is sitting here beside me and she said DARLING, BEAUTIFUL, JUST JUST, FABULOUS, II'S ART, IT'S A BOOK. IT'S AN ART BOOK, WONDERFUL, TELL DONI IT IS PERFECT, WOW, THAT'S JUST OH MY THAT IS SO WONDERFUL. Okay so how is that for saying something. You have been busy and your talent and your wonderful laces have been presented so beautifully. I am over the moon in love with your journal. So beautiful Doni. I gotta go pin this now. Hugs, Beverly

maggiegracecreates said...

Ok - this left me speechless - pinning and pinning ---- this is stunning. I am so glad to see you back here too. Much love - Many prayers

Wilma said...

Dear Doni,
Your fabric book is so absolutely GORGEOUS!!
I love it !! Your laces are so beautiful and you did such a wonderful job
in sewing and hand stitching this all together so harmoniously. STUNNING !!
The front cover is breathtaking ! I love the pink and cream.
You absolutely have a wonderful talent !! This is truly a work of art.

Huge Hugs and Blessings, sweet friend, love you !!
Wilma.

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a gorgeous keepsake. Beautiful!

xo Danielle

SarahGeorge said...

A fabric book! What a wonderful keepsake! Looks absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the link party. Will join soon :)

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a beautiful work of art! Such a keepsake. It reminds me of my collection of old handkerchiefs with the hand sewn lace edges. You made everything look dreamy - yet hip and cool too.

Heirloom treasures said...

oh how lovely your lacy books are Doni. They are so beautiful x

Cottagebaeren said...

So pretty you have done with lace. Have a great time.
Silvie

Tamara said...

Your book is SO beautiful. I have never seen so many lovely laces and things put together in one place! Such talent
Blessings to you,
Tamara

Unknown said...

Interesting to know this kind of craft! I believe I can make one yet, I have no idea how to make such gorgeous laces. The beads and pearls adds up to make it more beautiful!

Sebastian of
Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store

Ivy and Elephants said...

Doni, your lace book is just fabulous! So glad to see you back.
I love your beautiful posts.
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Patti

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: